Yes, you are reading the title of todays Post correctly! Cracker Jack has a new kick to it! Frito-Lay has also Jack’d up it’s line of Doritos! I’ll bet you didn’t know this about the much beloved treat, or did you?
Cracker Jack Trivia
- In 1912, toy surprises were first put into every Cracker Jack box, since then over 17 billion toys have been put into boxes (1986 estimate).
- “Take Me Out to the Ball Game,” written in 1908 by Norworth and Von Tilzer contains a reference to “Cracker Jack” in the lyrics.
- The boy on the Cracker Jack box image is Sailor Jack and his dog is called Bingo.
- The Sailor Jack character, and his dog Bingo, were introduced as registered trademark logos in 1919 and in use as early as 1918. They were modeled on F. W. Rueckheim’s grandson, Robert, and his dog.
- The Cracker Jack Company was sold to Borden in 1964.
- In 1997, the current manufacturers Frito-LaySo what’s next to to get Jack’d up? Jelly Bellies!
What are you Jack’d up about?